It's in my blood.
Since I was given my first camera, when I was a little kid, I have always been fascinated by capturing in a shot what my eyes were seeing around me. The beauty of nature or the smile of a friend, an event or an emotion... Precious pearls to be framed in a photo. Whether freezing a movement or moving the stillness, looking at normality through a different angle or portraying the exceptional, I can choose different perspectives, I can catch reality. I think this passion is in my blood, I inherited it from my Grandpa and then from my Dad, and it has always had a great influence in my life. Come and follow me in my journey searching impressions of life.



Saturday, February 15, 2014

The Cormorant

The Cormorant is a fast, extremely skilled fish-eating bird that might appear not particularly pleasant from a distance, but that I found extremely beautiful when you take a closer look. The shades of blue in the plumage, the strong wings, the face shape and colors... and when it dries its wings, it's really wonderful.

After fishing underwater, the bird dries its wings in the sun. This one landed... well... water-landed in the marsh canal where I was hiding and spent quite some time, first shaking the water off its plumage and then drying its wings open in the sun. That is when you realize how big the Cormorant is: in a few shots I even had to remove the teleconverter from my telephoto, in order to keep the whole bird inside the frame.

The light was wonderful and I tried to freeze the movement of the wings and the water drops flying off the bird. I wanted to take the moment when the wings were pushed forward so that the light would better go through the feathers.


              EOS 5D Mark III – EF400mm f/2.8L IS USM +1.4x III@560mm f/7.1 1/800sec ISO 320


              EOS 5D Mark III – EF400mm f/2.8L IS USM +1.4x III@560mm f/7.1 1/800sec ISO 320


              EOS 5D Mark III – EF400mm f/2.8L IS USM +1.4x III@560mm f/7.1 1/800sec ISO 320


 I entered one of these photos in THE OPEN photo contest so, if you like it, I thank you in advance for voting it! Go to the link at the top of the column on the left and click the heart!




No comments:

Post a Comment