It's in my blood.
Since I was given my first camera, when I was a little kid, I have always been fascinated by capturing in a shot what my eyes were seeing around me. The beauty of nature or the smile of a friend, an event or an emotion... Precious pearls to be framed in a photo. Whether freezing a movement or moving the stillness, looking at normality through a different angle or portraying the exceptional, I can choose different perspectives, I can catch reality. I think this passion is in my blood, I inherited it from my Grandpa and then from my Dad, and it has always had a great influence in my life. Come and follow me in my journey searching impressions of life.



Saturday, February 1, 2014

The Grey Heron

Another large species from the Ardeidae family is the Grey Heron (Ardea cinerea), a beautifil, tall bird with grey plumage and yellow beak. I wasn't able to get too close but got this shot with the 600mm plus a 1.4x converter. The Grey Heron can stay perfectly still for a long time waiting for the right moment to strike and catch its prey, camouflaged within the reeds. That usually gives you plenty of time to take your shot, even though what the photographer usually waits for is the moment of the strike – and believe me, that doesn't give you that much time at all – and what's happening immediately after, when the bird has a fish or a toad in its beak and eats it. Unfortunately that didn't happen this time so I missed an opportunity. But I am happy I took the heron also in flight, at a differnt moment, while I was trying to spot the Water Rail from a hide and saw the heron flying in the distance towards me.



              EOS 5D Mark III – Canon EF600mm f/4L IS USM +1.4x III@840mm f/8 1/1000sec ISO 320


              EOS 5D Mark III – Canon EF600mm f/4L IS USM f/8 1/1000sec ISO 320






No comments:

Post a Comment