It's in my blood.
Since I was given my first camera, when I was a little kid, I have always been fascinated by capturing in a shot what my eyes were seeing around me. The beauty of nature or the smile of a friend, an event or an emotion... Precious pearls to be framed in a photo. Whether freezing a movement or moving the stillness, looking at normality through a different angle or portraying the exceptional, I can choose different perspectives, I can catch reality. I think this passion is in my blood, I inherited it from my Grandpa and then from my Dad, and it has always had a great influence in my life. Come and follow me in my journey searching impressions of life.



Thursday, March 20, 2014

A Very Intense Month

Wow, more than one month without posting any photos... Well, that's because it's been a very intense month actually taking pictures, and I haven't had time to edit or post new photos. But after the recent shootings, I have many interesting shots almost ready.


I decided to explore different situations, both in controlled conditions and in nature, from hides or during workshops. I think they are all areas that are part of nature photography, especially during a growing path like mine. In some cases they are useful to learn how to master shooting techniques, study composition and getting to know some animals better.



The important thing is don't cheat and do not pretend a photo has been shot in nature if it was taken under controlled conditions or captivity.

Still, even in some of the situations above, taking a good photo of an animal is not necessarily always easier. Bad weather and poor light are still there, and you still need to wait for hours hoping an animal will show up so you can try to take the right shot. 



You still need to know the animal's behavior and choose the right timing, composition and camera settings.

It is a good training field and it often allows to take great shots and give the photographer a good push to continue growing into this art.








Today – or I should say yesterday since it's just passed midnight – it was Father's day in Italy and I found myself thinking about my Dad who is praying for us from Heaven, and how much I miss him. I think he would have liked to look at some of the shots I took... and may be he can see them... everything is possible.

Well, stay tuned to see the upcoming shots from this intense month!















No comments:

Post a Comment