It's in my blood.
Since I was given my first camera, when I was a little kid, I have always been fascinated by capturing in a shot what my eyes were seeing around me. The beauty of nature or the smile of a friend, an event or an emotion... Precious pearls to be framed in a photo. Whether freezing a movement or moving the stillness, looking at normality through a different angle or portraying the exceptional, I can choose different perspectives, I can catch reality. I think this passion is in my blood, I inherited it from my Grandpa and then from my Dad, and it has always had a great influence in my life. Come and follow me in my journey searching impressions of life.



Monday, January 6, 2014

The Great Egret

When I started this photo blog, I thought I would publish mostly the nature photos I take, even though I knew there would be room also for other genres, being my interest directed also to other kinds of photography. I realize I haven't done that much so far, still I think nature and animals are my main passion. So, finally, here I am with more naturalistic photography, portraying the marvelous creations of the Lord.

I would like to share a few shots of a beautiful bird, the great egret (Casmerodius albus), a large heron with completely white plumage, yellow beak and black feet. This bird is usually seen alone, looking for fish in the shallow water, moving slowly while checking under the surface to spot a prey. Sometimes it stops and stays perfectly still, ready to strike and catch the fish. It's a very elegant bird and there are a few "poses" that are beautiful to be caught in a photo and can bring to great shots. It's not particularly shy, but most of the times I got it from a long distance so I had to use a large telephoto and do some cropping to have a nicer composition.

I have a few shots to share and I'll divide them in multiple posts. The ones below are taken during the winter season and the light of the low sun gave a great touch to the overall photo. Keep visiting the blog for more!

Happy Epiphany of the Lord to everybody.



              EOS 5D Mark III – Canon EF 600mm f/4L IS USM +1.4x III@840mm f/8 1/800sec ISO 320


              EOS 5D Mark III – Canon EF 600mm f/4L IS USM +1.4x III@840mm f/8 1/400sec ISO 320


              EOS 40D – Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM@28mm f/5.6 1/60sec ISO 500 +0.33








No comments:

Post a Comment