It's in my blood.
Since I was given my first camera, when I was a little kid, I have always been fascinated by capturing in a shot what my eyes were seeing around me. The beauty of nature or the smile of a friend, an event or an emotion... Precious pearls to be framed in a photo. Whether freezing a movement or moving the stillness, looking at normality through a different angle or portraying the exceptional, I can choose different perspectives, I can catch reality. I think this passion is in my blood, I inherited it from my Grandpa and then from my Dad, and it has always had a great influence in my life. Come and follow me in my journey searching impressions of life.



Friday, January 10, 2014

Cute!

Before showing you other shots of the great egret, I would like to share this new shot of the common kingfisher I took a few weeks ago. It was a very cold day and part of the water was covered by a thin layer of ice. Thinking that the kingfisher could not fish there, I moved to the side hit by the sun, where the water surface was free. A perch just in front of the hide was the "dream spot" where I hoped the bird would stop during his daily hunt for fish. The first time I shot the kingfisher I realized I should have kept more appropriate settings to get a better definition and avoid any blurry effect because of the movement. That time, however, I was shooting handheld, with no support and there was not that much light. This time, instead, I was resting my telephoto on a bean-bag and the full sun was allowing me a good time/aperture/ISO combination. It was also the first time I was trying the EF400mm f/2.8L IS USM with the extender 1.4x III, quite a good telephoto power! So, as I was looking around for any interesting subject, every time I was not shooting I brought back my camera pre-focusing on the perch top to be ready... just in case. Then, suddenly, a blue flash arrived and stopped right where I hope it would. A bunch of seconds to shoot as many photos as I could and then the bird flew away. Wow, what a cute bird this is, especially in this puffy pose during a cold winter morning. The light was perfect and the colors and details of this male kingfisher came out very nice. I am very happy for this capture.



              EOS 5D Mark III – Canon EF 400mm f/2.8L IS USM +1.4x III@560mm f/6.3 1/640sec ISO 200







No comments:

Post a Comment