It's in my blood.
Since I was given my first camera, when I was a little kid, I have always been fascinated by capturing in a shot what my eyes were seeing around me. The beauty of nature or the smile of a friend, an event or an emotion... Precious pearls to be framed in a photo. Whether freezing a movement or moving the stillness, looking at normality through a different angle or portraying the exceptional, I can choose different perspectives, I can catch reality. I think this passion is in my blood, I inherited it from my Grandpa and then from my Dad, and it has always had a great influence in my life. Come and follow me in my journey searching impressions of life.



Friday, January 17, 2014

Elegance at Sunset

As I was telling you, I have a few shots of the great egret I would like to share. For this one, I wanted to create a nice game of light between the wonderful warmth of the sunset and the white of the bird's plumage, but maintaining the cold blue reflections in the water that give an interesting accent to the scene. I often compose my pictures breaking the frame in thirds and placing the subject off center. In this case I also chose to have a long horizontal format to accentuate the blue reflection lines, in contrast with the vertical lines of the background vegetation mirroring in the water.
Light was scarse so I pushed the ISO a little but tried to stay as low as possible not to loose too much detail. Colors were beautiful and I did not have to push or saturate in post processing, just filtered some noise and did some sharpening. Lightroom and Photoshop.


              EOS 5D Mark III – Canon EF600mm f/4L IS USM +1.4x III@840mm f/6.3 1/640sec ISO 500














No comments:

Post a Comment