It's in my blood.
Since I was given my first camera, when I was a little kid, I have always been fascinated by capturing in a shot what my eyes were seeing around me. The beauty of nature or the smile of a friend, an event or an emotion... Precious pearls to be framed in a photo. Whether freezing a movement or moving the stillness, looking at normality through a different angle or portraying the exceptional, I can choose different perspectives, I can catch reality. I think this passion is in my blood, I inherited it from my Grandpa and then from my Dad, and it has always had a great influence in my life. Come and follow me in my journey searching impressions of life.



Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Paradise, part 1


After a long winter, spring seems to be finally here. Temperature is getting warmer and the trees are in bloom. After snow and rain, this weekend the weather forecast is good and it's the perfect moment to spend a couple of days in the mountains of the Alps, in the Gran Paradiso National Park.

         
             28mm f/14 1/400 sec ISO 640

In the morning, I get up early enough to witness the first light on Mont Blanc – the highest peak in Europe – that before all the other mountains is reached by the warm colors of the rising sun. It is always an impressive view, even more majestic now at dawn. Then after a short time, also the other mountains around us abandon the darkness of the night to shine in full light.


            310mm f/5.6 1/250 sec ISO 200


            105mm f/10 1/640 sec ISO 200

The valley is beautiful, still covered in snow for the most part. The warm sun kisses the high peaks and the crocuses fill the meadows. The view is magnificent and the senses rejoice in this paradise.
Silence is deep, nothing distracting the contemplation of nature. Just the chirping of the birds which look for food, exploring the trees that have not yet started blooming at this altitude.


            17mm f/13 1/320 sec ISO 200

            40mm f/5.6 1/100 sec ISO 125

            34mm f/13 1/250 sec ISO 200

            400mm f/8 1/500 sec ISO 200

            400mm f/8 1/500 sec ISO 200

Before dinner, a visit to the village is a pleasant occasion to take a few more shots of interesting textures and objects, typical of the life in the mountains of Cogne.


            135mm f/9 1/400 sec ISO 200

            135mm f/7.1 1/250 sec ISO 200

                                          24mm f/5 1/50 sec ISO 200

            135mm f/8 1/320 sec ISO 200

            21mm f/4 1/125 sec ISO 200



No comments:

Post a Comment