It's in my blood.
Since I was given my first camera, when I was a little kid, I have always been fascinated by capturing in a shot what my eyes were seeing around me. The beauty of nature or the smile of a friend, an event or an emotion... Precious pearls to be framed in a photo. Whether freezing a movement or moving the stillness, looking at normality through a different angle or portraying the exceptional, I can choose different perspectives, I can catch reality. I think this passion is in my blood, I inherited it from my Grandpa and then from my Dad, and it has always had a great influence in my life. Come and follow me in my journey searching impressions of life.



Saturday, April 6, 2013

Half Dome


The first time I saw Half Dome I was struck by the beauty of this iconic landmark in the Yosemite National Park. My love for the mountains and for climbing got me interested when I heard about Yosemite in the early eighties, after seeing a wonderful movie with title "El Capitan". But it wasn't until twenty years later when I was finally able to see the beauty of this valley in person. I shot this photo of Half Dome, catching the last light of the sunset, just enough to get a small colorful reflection in the cold water of the Merced River. This was done with my first digital camera, not yet a DSLR, a Minolta DiMAGE 7i; no RAW, just shot a jpeg file.
7.5mm 1/60 sec f/6.7

2 comments:

  1. ma questa è davvero stupenda! La suggestione dei colori è tale da trasportare in un'atmosfera magica. Quel piccolo cono di luce rimasto sulla punta della montagna porta la luce nel lago già in ombra... Complimenti Guido!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Roberta! Yes, I think that was a good catch, just in time before the sun set behind the mountain ridge. And despite the light was so low, the camera was able to grasp the feeble reflection in the water. Yes, magical!

      Delete