It's in my blood.
Since I was given my first camera, when I was a little kid, I have always been fascinated by capturing in a shot what my eyes were seeing around me. The beauty of nature or the smile of a friend, an event or an emotion... Precious pearls to be framed in a photo. Whether freezing a movement or moving the stillness, looking at normality through a different angle or portraying the exceptional, I can choose different perspectives, I can catch reality. I think this passion is in my blood, I inherited it from my Grandpa and then from my Dad, and it has always had a great influence in my life. Come and follow me in my journey searching impressions of life.



Monday, April 1, 2013

Bumble Bee


What do you associate a buzzing sound with? First thing that comes to mind is the high-tone buzzing of the mosquito that wakes you up at 3:00am and, no matter how hard you try, you turn out with the mosquito still being alive and yourself having slammed your ears and face multiple and painful times... Or it comes to mind the more fearful sound of wasps and bees making you afraid of being stung. But the latter ones are indeed really nice little fellows – not the killer bees, of course, that by the way have been created by man... when will we stop messing with God's perfect creation? If you don't bother bees, you will be safe, and it's a joy to look at them while they "work". Especially the bumble bee that like other bees flies from flower to flower to collect the tasty nectar, with its distinctive striped colors. Their gentle humming flows over the silence of the quiet countryside, and is a sign of industriousness and nature's health. I took this photo at sunset, with very nice light and used a telephoto. Maybe not the easiest way to focus a flying bee, but was able to get it with a 1/400sec at f/7 and a focal length of 370mm.

2 comments: