It's in my blood.
Since I was given my first camera, when I was a little kid, I have always been fascinated by capturing in a shot what my eyes were seeing around me. The beauty of nature or the smile of a friend, an event or an emotion... Precious pearls to be framed in a photo. Whether freezing a movement or moving the stillness, looking at normality through a different angle or portraying the exceptional, I can choose different perspectives, I can catch reality. I think this passion is in my blood, I inherited it from my Grandpa and then from my Dad, and it has always had a great influence in my life. Come and follow me in my journey searching impressions of life.



Sunday, April 5, 2015

Sad News

I know today is Easter and is a happy day, but unfortunately I have bad news. Just a couple of days after discovering a Blackbird nest on my terrace, when we were already picturing ourselves as parents and looking forward to seeing the little ones coming out of the eggs in less than two weeks, today the nest was attacked by a Magpie.

Checking the web cam, at a certain point we noticed only two eggs were visible... we hoped one egg had just rolled towards the side of the nest so it was not in sight but when the female came back, she moved the eggs and clearly only two were still there. What had happened?!

I quickly played the recording and there it was, what we had feared. The female left in a hurry and frightened, and shortly after the Magpie came and took one of the eggs away. We know this is nature, but certainly we felt very sad since we were already feeling like we had adopted the new family to be.

But now, the situation is even worst since it looks pretty clear the nest has been abandoned. The Magpie attacked a couple of more times and even though she didn't take more eggs, I am afraid the parents thought the site was too exposed and dangerous. The female never came back to the nest after leaving for the last time.

For a second I thought that even though the two remaining eggs had etched, the little pulli would have been in danger to be caught by the Magpie, such an even worst sight than seeing the nest predated of the eggs.

Well, I keep telling myself that's nature... and the Magpie has to survive as well, but I am pretty sad right now...













No comments:

Post a Comment