It's in my blood.
Since I was given my first camera, when I was a little kid, I have always been fascinated by capturing in a shot what my eyes were seeing around me. The beauty of nature or the smile of a friend, an event or an emotion... Precious pearls to be framed in a photo. Whether freezing a movement or moving the stillness, looking at normality through a different angle or portraying the exceptional, I can choose different perspectives, I can catch reality. I think this passion is in my blood, I inherited it from my Grandpa and then from my Dad, and it has always had a great influence in my life. Come and follow me in my journey searching impressions of life.



Monday, March 16, 2015

One of My Favorites: The Crested Tit

I love the whole family of these little birds and it's often the case you see many species together as they move in group from tree to tree: it's a joy for the eyes when that happens. And if you have your camera with you, that's even better.

These birds are very fast and it's sometimes a challenge to capture good pics, but at the same time they are faithful visitors to feeders during the cold season, and that helps to concentrate their presence and be more ready to shoot.

A few species visit my feeders at home, but that is not the habitat of the Crested tit, one of my favorites, and so I really wanted to go to this site where it would be easier to spot it and hopefully take a good shot. After many planned times last year, all postponed due to heavy snow, this time I am finally going to Switzerland to photograph this little bird, accompanied by my friend Valerio who's been there a few times already. And this time Denise is with me, too!

Once we get there, we immediately spot some birds that fly from tree to tree and once we are set with our equipment we start shooting. Coal tits, Willow tits, Great tits and Nuthatches, but finally also the Crested tit comes to the site to "pose" for some shots. It looks like only one specimen is there, but that's enough for us. It's really a beautiful bird. Enjoy...



             622mm f/11.0 1/1000sec ISO 800


             400mm f/7.1 1/1000sec ISO 400 +1.67


             560mm f/7.1 1/1000sec ISO 400 +1.33


             622mm f/11.0 1/1000sec ISO 800


             280mm f/7.1 1/2000sec ISO 400 +1


             560mm f/7.1 1/800sec ISO 400 +1.33


             800mm f/11.0 1/125sec ISO 800 +0.67


             400mm f/7.1 1/1250sec ISO 400 +1


More to come later, with the other shots of the other species.













No comments:

Post a Comment