It's in my blood.
Since I was given my first camera, when I was a little kid, I have always been fascinated by capturing in a shot what my eyes were seeing around me. The beauty of nature or the smile of a friend, an event or an emotion... Precious pearls to be framed in a photo. Whether freezing a movement or moving the stillness, looking at normality through a different angle or portraying the exceptional, I can choose different perspectives, I can catch reality. I think this passion is in my blood, I inherited it from my Grandpa and then from my Dad, and it has always had a great influence in my life. Come and follow me in my journey searching impressions of life.



Saturday, February 28, 2015

The Common Kestrel

Because of a bank holiday, the office is closed so I decide to take half a day to go out with my camera. I have in mind to look for a specific species of bird, so I drive to the area around Parma and start exploring the fields.

I am not lucky and the search is unsuccessful, however I see many other species and a lot of raptors. Among those, the common kestrel seems to be present with a few couples. I see male and female pretty far, too far to get a decent shot, but I can observe them mating and I am a little surprised that's happening already, when we are still technically in winter time.


                                   800mm f/14.0 1/1000sec ISO 640


                                   800mm f/14.0 1/1000sec ISO 640


             800mm f/13.0 1/1250sec ISO 640


I stay in the area a few hours and I am able to spot the kestrel a few times, especially the females. One is also showing no problems having me shooting her while she's consuming a mouse just captured in the field. She's using a metal pole as her perch.



             770mm f/10.0 1/1000sec ISO 640


                                   770mm f/10.0 1/1000sec ISO 640


I shot all the pictures from the car, using it almost as a mobile blind, but I have never been able to get very close so I had to crop quite a bit, depsite I was using the 2X extender.


             800mm f/13.0 1/1250sec ISO 640


                                   800mm f/10.0 1/2000sec ISO 640


                                   800mm f/10.0 1/2000sec ISO 640


             770mm f/10.0 1/1600sec ISO 640









No comments:

Post a Comment