It's in my blood.
Since I was given my first camera, when I was a little kid, I have always been fascinated by capturing in a shot what my eyes were seeing around me. The beauty of nature or the smile of a friend, an event or an emotion... Precious pearls to be framed in a photo. Whether freezing a movement or moving the stillness, looking at normality through a different angle or portraying the exceptional, I can choose different perspectives, I can catch reality. I think this passion is in my blood, I inherited it from my Grandpa and then from my Dad, and it has always had a great influence in my life. Come and follow me in my journey searching impressions of life.



Saturday, April 26, 2014

Fight!

During the mating season it's common to see Black-winged Stilts fight for a female or for territory. Confrontations do not last very long but are sometimes pretty rough, with males hitting the adversaries with their long legs, or beaks, sometimes trying to drown the other bird – or that anyway is what it seemed when I was taking pictures of some groups of birds fighting. A female is often nearby, watching, waiting for the final response and see who's the winner. But sometimes, probably when there are couples already formed, you can see couple vs couple, when both male and female attack or defend their area from the other birds.

Everything happens very quickly, with the birds often "jumping" very high and it is not easy sometimes to keep them within the frame or to freeze the movements perfectly. Here are a few shots taken during the fights.


             EOS 5D Mark III – Canon EF 600 mm f/4L IS USM f/5.6 1/2000sec ISO 500


             EOS 5D Mark III – Canon EF 600 mm f/4L IS USM f/5.6 1/2000sec ISO 500


             EOS 5D Mark III – Canon EF 600 mm f/4L IS USM f/6.3 1/2000sec ISO 640


             EOS 5D Mark III – Canon EF 600 mm f/4L IS USM f/5.6 1/1600sec ISO 640


         EOS 5D Mark III – Canon EF 600 mm f/4L IS USM f/6.3 1/2000sec ISO 640





No comments:

Post a Comment