It's in my blood.
Since I was given my first camera, when I was a little kid, I have always been fascinated by capturing in a shot what my eyes were seeing around me. The beauty of nature or the smile of a friend, an event or an emotion... Precious pearls to be framed in a photo. Whether freezing a movement or moving the stillness, looking at normality through a different angle or portraying the exceptional, I can choose different perspectives, I can catch reality. I think this passion is in my blood, I inherited it from my Grandpa and then from my Dad, and it has always had a great influence in my life. Come and follow me in my journey searching impressions of life.



Friday, May 31, 2013

Dad's Collection

One year ago, more or less at this time, my Dad passed away. 

The last day of May, the month dedicated to Virgin Mary, and a few minutes before her daily apparition to one of the seers of Medjugorie... I like to think that she came to pick my Dad and accompany him to God, in Heaven.
He was an extraordinary man and loving Father, and I learned a lot from him. I will never stop thanking the Lord for having been so fortunate. 

He also passed me the love for photography and for collecting. One of his great passions, probably the greatest, was collecting shells, especially sea-shells. His collection counts hundreds of specimen of rare beauty.

I realized that unfortunately I didn't get any "special" photos of my Dad... So for this post I am going to show some of his shells.


              40mm f/22 1/6 sec ISO 160

We took these pictures together, while he was preparing some shots to share them with one of his friends collectors, for a potential book on these species.

              40mm f/22 1/5 sec ISO 160

Looking at these images, I thought about a way to honor my Father and his great hobby. I don't know if I'll be able to make it, to make this dream become reality but I would like to photograph all of my Dad's shells and collect the photos in a book, so that everybody could enjoy his collection.

              40mm f/22 1/5 sec ISO 160


              40mm f/22 1/5 sec ISO 160


Ciao, papa', and thanks for everything you did, for being a wonderful Father and for what you taught me.







2 comments:

  1. Se mai pubblicherai questo libro sappi che lo comprerò di certo. Adoro le conchiglie...E' un pensiero che tuo padre apprezzerebbe di certo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grazie del tuo supporto, Caterina!

    ReplyDelete