It's in my blood.
Since I was given my first camera, when I was a little kid, I have always been fascinated by capturing in a shot what my eyes were seeing around me. The beauty of nature or the smile of a friend, an event or an emotion... Precious pearls to be framed in a photo. Whether freezing a movement or moving the stillness, looking at normality through a different angle or portraying the exceptional, I can choose different perspectives, I can catch reality. I think this passion is in my blood, I inherited it from my Grandpa and then from my Dad, and it has always had a great influence in my life. Come and follow me in my journey searching impressions of life.



Monday, April 29, 2013

Paradise, part 2

The Fauna of the Alps is very unique, and the National Park is a protected area where many wonderful animals can live safely. It is possible to see different species, and since I started coming here to hike when I was a kid, I have always enjoyed the beauty of such alpine mammals like the chamois. I remember being at awe, watching them running chasing each other on such steep slopes, that I would have needed ropes and harness to reach.
During our last visit, we have been lucky to spot them again.


            400mm f/5.6 1/30 sec ISO 125

            365mm f/7.1 1/400 sec ISO 200

During this part of the year, these elegant animals stay low in the valley, where they can more easily find food and stay safer from the avalanches. As the temperature is warming, they start losing their winter fur for something more appropriate for the weather to come.


            365mm f/10 1/800 sec ISO 200

            400mm f/7.1 1/400 sec ISO 200

We encountered many animals, both in the woods, when they appeared almost magically through the trees and branches and others more in the open, pasturing in meadows, in larger groups.


            400mm f/6.3 1/320 sec ISO 125

            400mm f/6.3 1/320 sec ISO 125

This baby was a surprise: Probably one of the first ones born in March, it seemed to be the only little one in the group.


            400mm f/5.6 1/100 sec ISO 125

            400mm f/5.6 1/250 sec ISO 125

            400mm f/5.6 1/80 sec ISO 125

            400mm f/5.6 1/50 sec ISO 125

The most interesting photos I think are the ones I took at sunset. I particularly like some shots taken in front of the dark side of the mountain, against the woods, while the animals where still lit by the last light of the day coming from the edge of the mountain ridge.




No comments:

Post a Comment