It's in my blood.
Since I was given my first camera, when I was a little kid, I have always been fascinated by capturing in a shot what my eyes were seeing around me. The beauty of nature or the smile of a friend, an event or an emotion... Precious pearls to be framed in a photo. Whether freezing a movement or moving the stillness, looking at normality through a different angle or portraying the exceptional, I can choose different perspectives, I can catch reality. I think this passion is in my blood, I inherited it from my Grandpa and then from my Dad, and it has always had a great influence in my life. Come and follow me in my journey searching impressions of life.



Sunday, July 6, 2014

A Nice Surprise

Last week I went back to visit the colony of Lesser kestrel that I had spent some time with time ago (you can see the post here: http://searchimpressions-life.blogspot.com/2014/06/a-day-with-lesser-kestrel.html). I hope to be able to post some of the new shots soon, but in the meantime I would like to share a few photos I took of another  bird that was a nice unexpected surprise.

While I was watching the kestrels I noticed another falcon that at first looked like one of the others, but it was much darker. It flew low in front of me and stopped on a wire nearby. Once I framed it with my camera I had confirmation of what I thought: a Red-footed falcon (Falco vespertinus). This was a young male as I could see from the plumage of the wings not completely dark. A beautiful bird.

A male of Lesser kestrel came and pushed him away a couple of times until the Red-footed falcon flew away.

The shots have some noise because unfortunately the bird was far from me and I had to crop quite a bit, but I am happy with this capture.



             EOS 1D X – Canon EF 600mm f/4L IS USM +1.4x III @840mm f/10 1/3200sec ISO 1000


             EOS 1D X – Canon EF 600mm f/4L IS USM +1.4x III @840mm f/10 1/4000sec ISO 1000


             EOS 1D X – Canon EF 600mm f/4L IS USM +1.4x III @840mm f/10 1/4000sec ISO 1000












No comments:

Post a Comment