It's in my blood.
Since I was given my first camera, when I was a little kid, I have always been fascinated by capturing in a shot what my eyes were seeing around me. The beauty of nature or the smile of a friend, an event or an emotion... Precious pearls to be framed in a photo. Whether freezing a movement or moving the stillness, looking at normality through a different angle or portraying the exceptional, I can choose different perspectives, I can catch reality. I think this passion is in my blood, I inherited it from my Grandpa and then from my Dad, and it has always had a great influence in my life. Come and follow me in my journey searching impressions of life.



Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Old Things

If I look at our place, if I think of what I buy, I realize I tend to surround myself with "new" stuff. That doesn't necessarily mean "modern" stuff, both Denise and myself actually like a more rustic approach; still it's much easier to find us looking for a rustic "new" table, rather than searching old country houses or barns for an abandoned old wood broken one.
At the same time – I think the Gemini soul brings so many opposites inside me – I am fascinated by old things and traditions, by hand-made objects, and I love to get to know how things were made in the past. Too bad many of the "old jobs" are nowadays often forgotten and few are the people trying to preserve the old traditions.
So, whenever I have the chance, I like to find antique stores, flea markets or even old artisan workshops, to look at old things or to be pleasantly surprised to find somebody still working the traditional way. And, why not, maybe purchase a simple but interesting-looking little object – yes, sometimes I do that.


                                      EOS 5D Mark III – 24mm f/5 1/50 sec ISO 500


              EOS 5D Mark III – 105mm f/4 1/40 sec ISO 500


              EOS 5D Mark III – 82mm f/4 1/30 sec ISO 500


              EOS 5D Mark III – 67mm f/4 1/50 sec ISO 500





No comments:

Post a Comment