It's in my blood.
Since I was given my first camera, when I was a little kid, I have always been fascinated by capturing in a shot what my eyes were seeing around me. The beauty of nature or the smile of a friend, an event or an emotion... Precious pearls to be framed in a photo. Whether freezing a movement or moving the stillness, looking at normality through a different angle or portraying the exceptional, I can choose different perspectives, I can catch reality. I think this passion is in my blood, I inherited it from my Grandpa and then from my Dad, and it has always had a great influence in my life. Come and follow me in my journey searching impressions of life.



Thursday, July 4, 2013

Landscape Impressions


Even this year I wanted to find at least a few hours to wander and shooting pictures around the beautiful hills of the region south of Siena, taking advantage of our visit to San Gimignano. Last year we stayed closer to town, in the area of the Crete Senesi but this time we headed towards an area of Val d'Orcia where we hadn't been since a few years before.


             40mm f/10 1/250 sec ISO 160


             17mm f/10 1/200 sec ISO 320

I love the beautiful scenery this region offers, so wide that your eyes can't catch it all at once. The colors, the fragrance, the sounds, the shapes. How is it possible not to love it! 
After our "usual" tour of Siena (check my blog for future posts with some pictures), we drove down the A1 towards Rome but exited the motorway pretty soon to head towards Pienza. We wandered along the roads going up and down the hills and found many beautiful sights, including our favorites: poppy fields!


             400mm f/7.1 1/640 sec ISO250

It's a pity not having more time to explore, to go around every turn, to take all the side roads... sometimes really neat finds are just waiting for you to discover them. Like this rusty hay-turning machine, sitting there, under the tree, as if it was resting after a hard day's work in the fields while watching the beautiful view of the valley. Like an old man, sitting on a chair outside his home, his face dark and sculpted by the long exposure to the sun during hours of straining work taking care of the crops, finally resting after many years and enjoying the landscape view.


             17mm f/9 1/160 sec ISO 160

Don't ask me why, but I love to see hay bales in the fields, especially the round ones. Very few are still "packing" hay into the old classic rectangular bales and now these huge cylinders of dry grass are often decorating the land when they wait to be stored away. Up to that point I hadn't found the right view, the right moment to take a nice picture. But this time, as we were heading back to San Gimignano and the sun was setting down, between one hill and another, a glimpse hit me and I stopped the car right away. Maybe not yet the "ultimate ideal" scene, but the impact was pretty good! I took the camera and got closer to enjoy the view, smell the fragrance of the soil and the hay. Then I started taking some shots from different angles, trying to make the land the protagonist. Until next time, I think this is a good start.


             40mm f/9 1/250 sec ISO 320


             26mm f/11 1/250 sec ISO 320


             100mm f/9 1/320 sec ISO 320




No comments:

Post a Comment